Resep: Eomukguk / Eomuk-Tang (Odeng Guk) Recipe



So many things to do, so little time. Missing South Korea so bad, so I decided to make this simple yet hearty Eomukguk. The key is the broth, reminds me back in Seoul, there's a place close to CGV Myeongdong, a street food stall, they have amazing Eomukguk. I saw the Ahjussi added so many things into the broth, from green onion to dried chili. I think you can really explore the ingredients for the tasty broth. My version is very basic, I think it would be great with some clams for extra flavor

Ingredients:
  • 700 ml water
  • 3-4 Eomuk / fish cakes, any shape
  • 1-2 beef / chicken hotdogs, sliced
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 1/2 onion, sliced
  • 1/2 daikon radish, sliced
  • 1 green onion, sliced
  • 1 tsp dashi
  • kelp, I used granulated kelp around 1 tsp
  • 2 tbsp soy sauce
  • 1 tsp sugar
  • salt to taste
The Dipping Sauce:
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1 tbsp hot pepper / chili powder
  • 1 green chili, chopped (optional)
  • 2 tbsp sliced green onion
  • 1 tbsp sugar
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 1 tbsp sesame oil
Watch the video for directions




Find me on:

Youtube and Instagram @heytheresia for daily food and travel updates

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resep: Salmon Mentai Rice | Beef Shirataki Mentai

Hidden Korean Street Food Place Jakarta

Travel Guide to Seoul, South Korea 2015