One Pot Chicken Rice Recipe



One of my favorite dish, One Pot Chicken Rice. It's super easy to make and most of the ingredients are already available in my pantry. I posted the video on my Instagram few days ago, some asking me about mushroom bouillon, it's possible to replace it with chicken powder or any of umami seasoning of your choice. 

I set the rice cooker on porridge / soup mode for the first 10 minutes to cook the marinated chicken, then add the rice, water, the rest of the seasoning, and later set standard cooking mode.

Also, to complement this dish, I made a simple spicy sweet and sour sauce:
  • 3 tsp sugar
  • 1 tsp chili flakes
  • 3/4 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp rice vinegar
  • 3 tsp water

One Pot Chicken Rice


Ingredients:

  • 400 gr rice, I used short grain rice
  • 5 chicken drums
  • 3 cloves garlic, crushed
  • 1 pieces (10 gr) ginger, peeled and crushed
  • 2 tbsp soy sauce
  • 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce (kecap inggris)
  • 1 tsp oyster sauce
  • 1 tsp mushroom bouillon
  • 1 tsp salt or to taste
  • 2 stalks green onion, sliced
  • 350 ml water

Directions: watch the video


Find me on:

Youtube and Instagram @heytheresia for daily food and travel updates

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resep: Salmon Mentai Rice | Beef Shirataki Mentai

Hidden Korean Street Food Place Jakarta

Travel Guide to Seoul, South Korea 2015